Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Battle for Toad Hall

I've been blogging and tweeting about food for a couple of months now and entered a couple of events that I've seen mentioned on Twitter.  I've met some great tweeps and bloggers, had great fun and learnt a lot on the way!
Following a converstaion with @Browners on twitter thought it was about time for me to host an event...


The Battle For Toad Hall


This event is all about creating the ultimate version of that great British dish: Toad In The Hole with gravy.





So if you want to be crowned Toad Of Toad Hall or have never had a go at this winter warming dish please do have a go and blog about it and I'll do a comprehensive round up of all entries. 


Closing Date for entries is Sunday 31st January 2010

Here are the rules of the game:

  1. Once you have posted your Battle for Toad Hall enty on your blog, please make sure you leave a comment below with a link to your post.
  2. Please link back to this challenge on your post.
That's it - feel free to make or buy your sausages and give us the tips and tricks for perfect batter and don't forget the best ever gravy to complement your dish!

17 comments:

  1. Oooh fun! I have always loved the name Toad in the Hole! I'll see if I can do something. Now I must go off and find out what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie - it's sausages in a Yorkshire pudding batter baked in the oven - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ... thanks for the clarification. I was about to ask the same thing as Jamie. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE toad in the hole.. do you think I can slide it into my diet somewhere???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please may I enter an old post? I've already blogged about Toad in the Hole :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Josordoni - sounds like a challenge worth taking up!

    @meemalee - No probs - look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...Just stumbled upon your blog and loving it!

    Oh wow! I love Toad in the HOle...but am trying my hand at being a veggie...although I did blog one a few months ago....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Victoria - thanks - why not give it a go with a Veggie option!! I'm sure you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there. This sounded like too much fun. I blogged about it here:

    http://roastpotato.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/perfect-toad-in-the-hole-with-onion-gravy/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done mine too http://bit.ly/bXGITC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just in the nick of time! Here is my sorry tale of two toads. http://tomatogoodness.blogspot.com/2010/01/battle-for-toad-hall-tale-of-two-toads.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh darn I only just found out about this via 57 Varieties. I am too late to enter and won't have time in next 24 hrs anyway even if I persuaded you to extend deadline but I will watch and see everyone's efforts. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is my Toad, just posted:
    http://blog.maisoncupcake.com/2010/02/valentines-dinner-heart-shaped-toad-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn missed out on this one - I did a Toad in the hole blog post last november too - http://anyoneforseconds.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/toad-in-the-hole/

    The others do look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many thanks for the great entries - I hope to get a round up done in the next couple of days (life has finally caught up with me here at home and snapping at my heels!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finally got round to a round up - http://bit.ly/bCqhlR - thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete